Friday, April 3, 2009

GPS + Goops + Google Earth = Cool!

After wardriving and geocaching I wanted to find something that would let me use my GPS and laptop in another way. A more widely useful way. A free (After buying the hardware) navigator. I already knew how to import my routes from my GPS into Google Earth. Now I needed to see my location in real time. Enter GOOPS a free GPS / Google Earth combining program. Once setup I took another trip to Keokuk and the software and hardware combination worked perfectly. In fact it seamed very accurate in the speed, elevation, and even the tracking on google earth was pretty precise.

The only major downside was the constant rotation of the map while driving and turning corners.

Goops Free and Paid versions can be downloaded from Here.

Sorry I don't have any screen shots, I was too busy driving :P

Jei

No comments:

Post a Comment